Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Making a life plan.....

I had a really bad day today. So I decided to come home after school, sit on my bed, and cry.

But then I thought, Meh. I'll find better things to do.

So I made a life plan.

Here it is:

1) Don't drop out of school
2) Don't start smoking again -- it's smelly
3) Don't max out my credit card on a semi hollow body Ibanez -- even if it's pretty and has those gorgeous faux marble inlays on the fretboard
4) Find out when spring sessions at school are and register to make up the course I dropped last semester
5) Finish the application process to my other school of choice even if I decide not to go there
6) Don't prematurely move back home
7) Visit my grandparents more often
8) Read one good book per month

It's called being proactive, not reactive.

And oddly enough, I don't even really feel much better.

But at least now I have a list, and lists and I have a good, solid relationship. I love lists. Lists are an OCD person's best friend. I can check them, count the things I've done and not done, cross stuff out, add stuff on, rearrange the numbers, check and recheck. Lists are portable, foldable, and when I'm bored, I can see how many times I can fold and refold the same list in as many different shapes as possible! And then, when the list is old and worn out, I can re-create it only to produce the same fun yet again!

Cute Boy had a funny quote for me today.

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Suits me to a T.

On that note, good night!!

Toonses

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever woke up screaming... to realize that you were never asleep? That's the beauty of insantiy. *grin*

6:55 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home