Tuesday, December 27, 2005

And all is right with the world....

That's a line I read in a book once. I have no idea what book. Anne of Green Gables, maybe?

Sometimes that line pops into my head.

Like tonight, Big Brother, Mom and I were playing guitar. We played Keep on Rockin' in the Free World. And while I'm hopeless at learning runs, and my mom is hopeless at learning a new strum, and Big Brother finds it hopeless to try and teach us (Not that I blame him really. It's kinda like banging your head on a brick wall) we all played together and it was just good.

And while we were playing, Copernicus was sleeping sweetly on the kitchen chair, tangled in a patch cord. And the dogs were quiet. We'd had a nice day, shopping and eating out.

I'd been reading a good, mindless novel that Big Brother bought me at Chapters. (Which I still owe him for).

I have a funcitonal laptop and a cool new bag to carry it in.

I had just gotten off the phone with Cute Boy. He had called just to say hi. And calling just to say hi is about the best thing someone can do for me. Calling to say hi actually means Hi. (Plus, it means "I was thinking of you and I wanted to hear you babble about nothing and I was wondering how your day was and I wanted to tell you about mine and that you are on my mind"). And nothing is better than that.

So, I was playing guitar, hopelessly screwing up the run in the song, and probably singing off key, and Copernicus was sleeping and I had talked to Cute Boy and I thought, All is right with the world.

It's a good line.

Toonses.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good that all is right in the world.

7:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home