Monday, December 26, 2005

Home on the range

Life at home is good. I don't think there has been a day yet where I have not consumed copious amounts of beer and eggnog, and fortunately, the two have not yet engaged in some sort of warfare in my stomach. I'm a Dane, what can I say?

On the gift front, everything thus far has gone over well. My mother was happy with a full set of matching wine glasses and some new towels. My dad liked the belt buckle and the trains I got for my nephew seem liked. Big brother got a tape measure from me. Tape measures aren't particularly thrilling for most, but being in construction he has developed a love for a very certain kind of tape measure. (I got the right one, by the way.)

I got Cute Boy a few knick knacks and then his main present was a Cross pen (apparently the leading brand in pens, who knew? I thought pens were basically Bic and NoName.) that has his name engraved on it. It seemed well received as when he opened it he said "How did you know I liked pens?" Normally I would have some witty thing to say but instead I just said "Good guess?" AND I managed to spell his name right which, as I'm sure you're aware, pertinent in giving personalized gifts.

On the Cute Boy front... Teeheehee. It's good.

My next question is... when is a girl like me obligated to tell a boy like him that I've been blogging obsessively about him since we met? I mean, getting to know you stuff is important, but does anybody really think that he's ready to truly know how crazy I am??

Oh well. He's coming down to the ranch for New Year's this year. As soon as he meets my whole family, in full swing drunken-New Year's style, I'm sure he'll understand where it comes from.

The insanity, that is. As far as I know I'm the only member of my family who blogs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, your big brother doesn't blog, but he maintains a group page ... which essentially is blogging on a different level. I think for Cute Boy to get the true experience ... he needs to meet your family when they're stone cold sober... and realize the only difference when they are hammered is that they sometimes fall down and slur a bit.

7:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home