Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Not quite famous.....

Man, that was wicked.

I had, all told, 14 people come to see me and big brother tonight. The sound guy referred to it as my posse in the back. LOL.

I played six songs tonight and managed to talk to the owner of the bar for a few minutes about farming and horseback riding. It was cool.

I didn't screw up "Burning ring of fire". I announced my best friend's engagement in a bar full of people, and then played her favorite song of mine. I played my one song, 'Girl' and had two people walk out on me. I avoided tears by then bursting into one of my new songs called 'She said'. The the Sound guy asked me to play another, so I did 'House of the Rising Sun'. Then the sound guy came to the mic and said "How about one more from Amanda?" and I got some applause and cheering from the crowd. So I did one of mine called 'Life Goes On" and it was well received.

Big Brother rocked the crowd with 'Fighting the Dragon', 'Baker Street', 'Bad Moon Risin'' and 'Paint it Black'. He also managed to break a string, but fortunately we had two guitars between us. He had the best recovery ever for forgetting the words to a song. If I do that, I either freeze or blunder in some other noticeable way. Big Brother just had the crowd laughing hysterically as he totally admitted that he forgot, he got some laughs, and then took up where he left off. I aspire to be that calm, cool, collected, and genuinely funny and entertaining.

Big Brother is a much better entertainer than I. He can have the crowd in the palm of his hand in minutes, just by being himself. I'm kinda boring in terms of chatting it up with the crowd between numbers.

Big Brother's talents were rewarded with a free beer. Unfortunately, I wasn't so lucky, but I had a great time. I love being on stage. I got clapped for, I got hollered for, and there is no better feeling than having people clap for something you really put your heart and soul into.

All in all, a wicked night. I oculdn't be a happier girl right now.

Toonses

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that everything went well for all.

7:23 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to have missed it!

7:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home