Monday, October 16, 2006

Sometimes everything seems yucky....

The Precious Boy
At times when everything seems yucky, I like to look at pictures. They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
In this picture I see the Oh-So-Very Precious Boy, swinging around. Look at his eyes. His big, beautiful blue eyes that scream a million emotions every time you look at him. I see the messy kitchen, strewn with my tornado of crap in the bottom left corner. The messy kitchen screams "A bunch of happy people just sat here and ate" and that always makes me happy.

You can see my beer bottles on top of the stove and of course, that means that I had beer in my belly at the time of the photo-shooting and of course, nothing is better than that.

Kami and Uncle Dixie

I don't believe I have introduced Uncle Dixie to my blog at this point. Uncle Dix was so named by the Precious Boy when he was about three and the name has sort of stuck. Dixie is the little fat one who is ever so cute. Of course, Uncle Dixie is not an uncle to anyone, and if she was, she'd be an aunt... but that's partly why the whole Uncle Dixie thing is so funny.

Of course, we all like my dad's bird dog Kami as well, although I have to say that I'm not a big fan of her name. To this day, I contend that she would have made a much better dog wih a name like Stratford or Shakespeare... But my Dad has this wierd thing where all animals need to have a two syllable name that ends in an EE sound. Perhaps that's where some of my insanity comes from. Who knows.

These pictures make up what I lovingly refer to as the welcoming committee every time I get home. There's nothing quite like coming in the door laden with hundreds of pounds worth of your laptop, guitars, textbooks, a cat, and a month's worth of laundry to be jumped on by about a hundred and fifty pounds worth of dog and child. I get to go home for another long weekend this week and I can't wait to get there.

If my dad drank my beer while I was gone, there is surely going to be Hell to pay.

At any rate, I'm sure that you can tell that I'm still enamoured with my new camera and I'm loving the whole pics-taking thing.

Toonses

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep using the camera...I'm counting on you to teach me some tricks!

And what breed of dog are Kami and Dixie?

11:11 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Kami is a German SHorthaired Pointer. Her job is to point out and retreive ducks when we hunt them. Dixie is a purebred beagle, and her job is to chase down deer and bring them to us in the bush.

Dixie was a natural born hunter. Kami took some training but now she's doing us all proud.

Thanks Joomy!

5:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...at first (and second) glance they looked to be similar breeds to my untrained eyes!

8:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home