Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Can you feel it?

My Field of Dreams

When you look at this picture, do you get the same butterflies that I do?

Does your heart do a little pitter-patter, and your breath quicken? Can you envision your very own Berry Cave, your very own parking lot, your very own flag system, your very own BerryMobile?
Well, my heart does do a little pitter-patter. I do get butterflies. I suppose that to someone without dreams of turning this twelve acres of river ront property into a booming business, it just looks like a bunch of cow corn. I'm sure that if you boiled it in enough brown sugar water, it would turn into edible corn that you could consume if you were desperate.
I see neatly trimmed ditches and rows upon rows of strawberries in my favorite varieties: Annapolis, Myra, Governor Simcoe, and maybe -- just maybe -- a V Star here and there for SuperDad. I see the fields neatly trimmed with properly grown sod. I see a little Berry Cave that Big Brother and and my Dad can build together ... I see it trimmed with flowers planted by SuperNan. She's good at the whole gardening deal.
I see picnic tables and a little gift shop. I have no idea what I'm going to sell in my gift shop. Hand towels and Candle-y type things, I suppose. But I see it and I think it will be cute and homey. Quaint.
Yes. My field of dreams. I think about it a lot.
Toonses

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can feel it! Its making my back ache.
N

12:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home