Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I need a break.....

I need a break from reading blogs. I was going to post a rant about how I'm sick of being labeled whatever it is us Conservative Christian girls have been labeled lately.....

But instead I'll tell you a nice story.

Cute Boy came over last night.

And he continues to give male members of our species a good name.

Remember the time I blogged (On one of my past blogs) about how he actually called when he said he would call? And how (Except for that day at the coffee shop which I will never forgive him for) he was always on time? Remember how I blogged that calling without being told to, strictly with the purpose of saying nothing really says "I was just thinking of you and wanted to let you know I was thinking about you and that you're important enough for me to bother picking up the phone" ?

Well, last night Cute Boy came over.

But first, I'll tell you that I've recently developed a love affair with M & his trusty brother M's. Especially the peanut ones. That's right. I am having a love affair with peanut M & M's.

So last night Cute Boy came over and he was bearing a gift of M & M's.

The Peanut ones.

Which clearly states, without the need for words "You are important enough for me to bother stopping on my windy way down the icy streets of this Hellish place in which we live. You are important enough for me to dig around in lint and outdated bus transfers and amongst a jumble of keys for me to find spare change. You are important enough for me to bother waiting in a lineup of grumpy people who also want to get home as fast as possible, AND you are important enough for me to deal with that grumpy dude behind the counter at the corner store. Because I want to see you smile when I toss a bag of Peanut M & M's beside you when I get in."

It was undoubtedly the most delicious bag of Peanut M & M's I've ever eaten. EVER.

So for that, my hunny, I offer this one-time-only forgiveness for standing me up all by myself in the coffee shop, where my cup got leaky and leaked frozen hot chocolate all over my books and I was molested by the hands of a thousand strangers because it was rainy and everyone was cramming to get in out of the rain. (I had to walk there in the rain, too, all by myself, only to get stood up. Sigh). But because you're wonderful and you do things like bring me Peanut M & M's simply because you thought it was a good idea (Which it was) I forgive you.

I will not, however, forgive you for the three pounds I'm likely to gain as a result of having consumed those Peanut M & M's. *Grin*

Toonses

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Anthony, misterinbetween@hotmail.com said...

I'm gonna go ahead and vote this as the best blog ever...just thought I'd put that out there,

Lots of Love,

Cute Boy

4:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute story about your M&M'S!
I read your blog all the time and you do make me laugh at your "WAY" of putting things, but I guess one would have to understand Amanda to get her humour! Keep up the good writing!

5:25 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hi Tracy! I'm glad you read and that you like it! Tell all your friends, LOL.

Thanks so much for commenting. I love comments.

It makes me feel loved. *grin*

Take care!

Amanda

4:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a lovely entry.

Have I ever told you about my Mike theory? Well in one sentence: Mikes make good boyfriends and eventually husbands! There are too many Mikes that have proven this right [ok, only 3 but that's not including yours so there!] I'm praying that there is an equivalent in the Yoruba language [the part of Nigeria that I'm from] for the name Michael ;). If so I will propose posthaste.

Since when are you a conservative Christian girl?

11:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home