Thursday, February 16, 2006

Near Tears.....

Dear Copernicus,

You have been howling incessantly for almost weeks now. When I leave, you howl. You howl while I'm at work, while I'm at school, when I'm out with Cute Boy and when I visit my dear neighbor.

When I'm in you do not howl.

Your howling is eating away at my soul.

Recently you have been howling even when I am here. You scratch at the balcony and at the window, watching the world and wanting to join it. I think you hate living in Hell more than I do.

It has been suggested to me that perhaps this Hellish appartment is not the best place for a kitten like yourself to live.

Recently your howling has lead to other destructive behaviors. You have been neglecting to use your litterbox, as an example.

For the last several nights, to keep you from destroying my house and from howling me into insanity, I have been locking you in your kennel to sleep. It works. You are quiet for about five hours at a time.

But I miss your purring and cuddling up to me while I sleep.

Last night I discussed my kitty options for you with someone. It is clear that you are unhappy here.

But little Coperni-kitty, I would be so desperately unhappy without you.

This morning, as I sat on my bed studying, you curled up on my tummy and looked at me, aand purred. And you were so cute and sweet.

Sometimes, little Coperni-kitty, I know deep down that it is wrong to keep you in such cramped quarters. I can feel your unhappiness when you mewl pathetically at the windows and doors. I know of someone, a very loving someone, who would take the best care of you. He has a house in the country, with a basement full of mice for you to chase. He would spend hundreds to ensure that you had the best of toys and the yummiest of kitten chow. You would have space to roam and play and nap in the sunlight. There is very little sunlight in the depths f Hell. I could visit you whenever I want.

But I'm just not sure that I am strong enough to let you go, because I'm so selfish that I want to keep your kitten-y self to myself. I want you to greet me when I come home, I want you to play and get stuck in my hair when I sleep, I want to laugh when you climb into the sink and get pissed when your toes get wet.

So, little Coperni-Kitty, We'll make a deal. Stay with me for a while longer. Stop howling. Get happy.

But if you can't, I'll be the bigger person and I'll let you move on, literally, to greener pastures. (Or, at the very least, mouse filled basements). If you can't be happy ... I'll give you the better life that you want.

With Love, and Tears, and Apologies,

Toonses

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's just in heat....she'll be fine-as long as you don't let her out! Lol.

2:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how about the list from yesterday. How much did you get done, we were supposed to get an update.

2:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home