Thursday, July 16, 2009

On Slowing It Down...

As I wrote last, I am in the process of starting to look for new work. I say 'in the process' because I am really trying hard to make my resume the best it can be. I've gone to an employment agency to help make it look a bit nicer, and I'm currently working with the manager at my work to vamp up the things that I've done in that job.

The only thing on my mind here is to get more. I want to pay off the JEEP, soup it up, raise it up, and buy giant tires. I want to buy a truck, a really, really sexy truck. I want to start looking at places to live long-term, work with a financial advisor to see how long that might take.

I want to do more school, I want to take more courses, I want to have better qualifications. I want, I want, I want.

I feel like I'm running and running and running and I'm starting to wonder... What the hell for?

Of course I'm so glad that I have goals beyond putting on pants in the morning. I think that it is important to be driven to do more.

But I need to relax! I need to slow down and enjoy the journey a little more. I need to chill, look at the sunset, and admire the things going on around me.

While I have so many goals and so much to do, I also don't want to miss the life I'm currently living.

And I drove home tonight with some country music playing on the radio and Montgomery Gentry was serenading me from all six speakers in my JEEP, saying "So now I'm slowin' it down and I'm lookin' around and I'm lovin' this town and I'm doin' alright"

Yep. Slowin' it down. Lovin' this town.

Doin' alright.

I like it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home