Thursday, May 14, 2009

Updates? I Promised Updates?

I was reading through this and realize that some period of time ago I promised pictures of gardening, home improvements, a tree I decided to name Hope, and a variety of other things.

My horse's attempt at suicide once more prevented me from doing so.

Zydeco's stitches have held through! We are now on day nine, and he is still standing and still with us. I am so proud of myself for the job at bandaging I have done. The art of bandaging is a fine one, and while the vet said that all of the stitches would surely blow, only two of them have opened up and the wound beneath them is minor. Yay for me! Before this time in my life I was never much of an equestrian expert. I still am not one, but the job I did at not cording him, not causing bandage bumps, not bowing his tendons, and not chafing his skin excites me to no end. I don't care who you are, for a first time bandage-r, I did a fantastic job. (My horse is still standing. I am damn well going to toot my own horn.)

My tree named Hope prospers. Have I photographed her? No, I have not. I don't know when she will begin to bear fruit, but I have all kinds of hopeful plans for what I will do with the fruit once it begins to come. (Pear jam? Pear Wine? Pear pie?)

The Ranch continues to need improvements every day, if for no other reason than the fact that nature takes its course. Branches die, trees fall over, weeds reign. I need to take all of this out and make it pretty. The summer will be long this year, and I hope to have an awful lot of work done by the time fall joins us again.

I started at university again in hopes of aquiring an honour's degree. This is sure to be a long and windy road, but in order to make the money that I want to make (there are a lot of horses to support in my future), I need to have a Master's, and before that? The Honour's is mandatory. My new school is heavenly in that the people who speak rudely to me only do so in my native language. The first day was deflating beyond belief as there is a large amount of bureaucratic red tape for me to get through in order for me to get in the program I want, but I am taking that by the horns as well.

I also got a new hairstyle which is pretty exciting to me. I've gotten my hair permed (Pictures to follow at some point, I swear, even though I have made this promise before) and I kind of love it. Well, I love how it feels to not have miles of straight hair hanging out of my head. I'm not sure how I feel about the look yet, but it feels so much lighter and nicer that I don't think I even care how it looks.

The vet is coming early this morning to take out the stitches and tell me how Zydo is doing. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees my horse not only standing, but with all but two of his stitches intact.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home