Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Happy Sixth Hundredth Post, Blog...

Zydeco and I had our first lesson of the season today. And oh, what a time we had.



We are currently working without the aid of a fenced in riding area and he has learned a neat little trick called "When she asks me to work, I simply run up onto the driveway."

For the first time in two years of working with Zydeco, I actually thumped him in the ribs while he was trying to escape my efforts. I can honestly say that I have never punished my horse before today. Those around me were thrilled that I have finally taken control of a situation and said what's what. I felt a little bit bad but did not enjoy the sensation of being stampeded into the trees across from the ring, so I don't feel too guilty.

Zydeco and I celebrated our first lesson of the season with quite the feat as well: Our first square halt.



Does the above horse have two legs, or four?

Oh, the dressage-y glory. Hopefully more framed work and square halts will follow through the season.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I think that is a perfect halt, a 9 at least or maybe even a 10. Wow.
SuperNan

6:02 p.m.  
Anonymous San Ramon Drywall Contractors said...

Lovely blog you hhave here

5:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home