Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It has arrived....

After many arduous hours working away at the ring, it is complete.



We had to rent a tractor, which was a process in and of itself and I'm sure will become a post in and of itself. I am basking in joy right now and will not weigh down this post with my anger at the difficulties involved in renting a tractor in this county.



Both tractors worked in harmony to finish the ring in a record of about five hours. In all, it didn't take as long as we thought it would, but it was a long day for those out actually doing the work.

By six p.m. tonight, I was on the back of my magnificent Thoroughbred, having the ride of a lifetime. I was a little bit scared as this was the first time Zydo had someone on him since he hurt himself, but he never blinked or took a sore step.



This is what I continue to love about Zydeco, his willingness to go on and go forward regardless of what is keeping him back. I was only able to trot him for a very short period of time and I physically had to fight him to get him back into a walk. He just wants to work and work, and is very rarely crazy about it.

He was a peach the whole time I rode, never stepping a foot out of line. I could have wept in joy for how glad I was to be upon his fine back once more. Really. A tear nearly escaped me.



And now the real fun begins. Now I can ride every day at MY HOUSE. I don't have to drive an hour to get to my horse like I did last summer, or fight to get through fields of hay or worry about oncoming traffic while riding on the road. The amount of freedom I feel in all this is overwhelming: I honestly feel like I can do anything I want without a single limit.

The first task will be to get my fat, lazy horse in shape enough to be ridden for any length of time. After that, the world is my oyster.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home