Monday, September 03, 2007

You Can Just Call Me Lumpina....

Joomy totally stole my idea for a blog post this weekend. I was planning on sitting down and listing out the things that are wrong with me, because now and then, there is nothing like telling the Internet that MY BODY HATES ME. Now Jooms has gone and ruined all the fun, and I'm sure everyone will think I am copying her. I assure you, the idea for this post was IN MY HEAD long before it was every posted ON HER BLOG. I could just choose a new topic for today, but then you all would have to go a WHOLE day without hearing about my problems.

Last month I went to visit the wondrous Mal. A few days before I left, I thought I was getting sick. The glands in my neck swelled up slightly, so I took it easy in an attempt to stave off whatever might be wrong.

I went to Mal's and had a great time, glands swollen all the while. I came home expecting to endure the worst sickness of all time. My neck became stiff and achey and the glands in it remained hurt-y and swollen.

Fast Forward three and a half weeks. I've had headaches from this ailment, my neck has hurt for the last month. I see Dr. Chuck. He tells me to see a dentist. He actually seemed blithe and uncaring that there are SWOLLEN LUMPS in my body.

At first, I was outraged. My teeth felt great and there was no reason for me to see a dentist, on top of the fact that I AM POOR AND CANNOT AFFORD ONE.

Last Wednesday, I woke up with an extra hurty neck and three new lumps. I rushed in to see a dentist thinking that maybe Dr. Chuck was right. Perhaps there would be a tooth abscess and that is why the lumps showed up.

The dentist said my teeth and gums look great. (Of course they look great. I have OCD. Brushing and caring for my teeth is like, the highlight of my day.)

I called Dr. Chuck's office in an attempt to get an appointment ASAP, but it is closed until Tuesday. I did get a handy 800 number to call for after-hours medical service. So I called.

And they don't care that my neck is all lumpy either.

One of the three new lumps has disappeared altogether, but the other four are still hanging out. On Tuesday I am soooo marching myself into that office with a blanket and a pillow and refusing to leave until someone CARES that my neck is SPROUTING LUMPS IN ODD PLACES.

GAAAAAH.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good plan with Dr. Chuck. Even if they're not lifethreatening, lumps are not usually good things...our bodies are trying to tell us something.

"The dentist said my teeth and gums look great. (Of course they look great. I have OCD. Brushing and caring for my teeth is like, the highlight of my day.)"

Heh, giggleworthy quote right there.

And what an original entry, you copycat!

9:31 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home