Monday, October 30, 2006

JOOMY!!!

Joomy, it worked!

Joomy recommended that I join NaBloPoMo this month to see if I can get a post up every day for the month of November. As a participant, I get this really cool and slightly violent badge for my blog's sidebar.

Now, most of the people reading on a blog are fairly proficient in the use of computers, or, at the very least, blog templates.

Let me be the first to tell you that I am not in any way proficient in the use of computers or blog templates. It took me months to learn how to make words into cool links that you could click on (And of course, a matter of days later, blogger came out with this handy button in the create post section, so all my knowledge went to waste).

This weekend Joomy tried to help me online by giving me a handy code to put in my sidebar that would allow the badge to show up so I could identify myself as a NaBloPoMo participant. It didn't work.

So, I tried it in a new place. It didn't work.

I tried altering it. It didn't work.

And then I did about fifteen other things and it still didn't work.

Then, I copied and pasted my template into a Word document and sent it to Joomy in hopes that she could fix it. I tried her suggestion, and it didn't work.

So, I gave up.

I know that generally, with computer things and me there is some teeny, tiny little thing that is so simple and so straightforward and for some reason I just miss it. It's like basic addition. It's so simple that it's just over my head. So I figured I could just make a post that says "Hey, I'm a NaBloPoMo participant. FYI". And be done with it. (Although that wouldn't be nearly as cool as the gun badge that currently decorates my sidebar.)

Well, by some form of magic, or some supernatural power, or intervention of the Blogging Gods, the NoBloPoMo badge is now in my sidebar! After all those error messages and my pathetic giving up, it appeared! Out of nowhere!

Hurrah!!

Or, as more 'with it' folks would put it, Huzzah!!

Thanks Joomy! I'm not sure what you did, but it was great!!

Toonses

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!! I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working but I'm delighted that it's magically up and running.

[The story we'll be telling everyone is that you figured it out by editing the config files, okay? ;) ]

Happy posting for November...I hope we both succeed!

11:34 a.m.  
Blogger Smilin Tweety said...

Good Luck with your posts! You're pretty creative with your posts - so I'm sure you can do it!

11:38 p.m.  
Blogger Daisy said...

Oh, man, I haven't figured out how to upoad it semi-permanently into my sidebar. Where did you find the info and/or codes? I have the logo.

7:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home