Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Packing woes....

I started packing for real tonight.

And now I've decided that it's a fact: I'm insane.

I didn't realize until now what a hoarder I actually am.

As some of you may or may not know, I'm a sufferer of OCD. Perhaps it was Bigman, I'm not sure, but someone once gave me a quote: "I don't suffer from insanity: I enjoy every minute of it."

Well, sometimes I enjoy being a nutcase, and other times not so much.

Anyhow...

I found all kinds of neat stuff hidden away in the recesses of Hell.

I found mass quantities of pens. Now, you may be picturing something like four pens hidden in a drawer.

Not even close. I'm talking, quite literally, hundreds of pens. There are red pens, black pens, blue pens, and pens in more non-traditional colors. They are Bic, No Name, Staples brand, more high end brands, and in an array of ball point, fine point, click-stick, round stic, and every other kind of stic you can imagine.

Some of you may know that I have an affinity for the impulse buy section of Wal-Mart. (Wally and I have a good, solid relationship.) As you are aware, every time I pass the impulse buy section, I must buy something. It's a good system, and hasn't failed me yet.

Operative word of that sentence? Yet.

Another affinity of mine is hair barettes. These are found in mass quantities in your local impuls buy section. It turns out that I own about 792,432,612 hair barettes. I found them everywhere. They were under my mattress, behind my amplifier, and around the bedstand like fleas around a hound's ass.

In sum, they were quite literally everywhere.

Now I'm faced with a dilemma: Throw it all away? Keep it? Give it to the poor? Sell it on ebay?

Which leads me to more dilemmas: What about the landfills? Where would I store it if I kept it? Where do you go to donate three garbage bags and seven boxes of pens and hair baretts? Dear Lord, I don't even know how to sell things on ebay!!!

Fortunately, my anxiety has been kept at bay by the presence of two dear friends: Export 'A' and Strawberry Zinfandel.

Oh, Export 'A' and Zinfandel, how I love thee...

Toonses

As a side note, please check out the sidebar! I now have a link to my Hundred Things List right here on Blogspot for your reading pleasure!

Love,

The Toonse Brigade

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda, see this is the beauty of being crazy. You're allowed to do something crazy with the pens and hair berets.

Such as take a handful of them with you when you go to work and pass them out on your way to work. OR give one to everyone who buys a sandwich at work.

OR start randomly leaving them somewhere and see if they disappear, like in the washroom and such.

AND I did tell you, we don't suffer from insanity, we enjoy every minute of it.

6:50 a.m.  
Blogger Smilin Tweety said...

hahaha

Bigman - You've said it all! lol

7:27 p.m.  
Blogger Michael Anthony, misterinbetween@hotmail.com said...

I actually remeber telling you that " insanity quote" one time, because it was my friend's quote on msn, Dave? Did you really say that because I beg to differ.

2:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home