Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Tom Cruise had a baby! Tom Cruise had a baby!

I don't understand North America's obsession with celebrities. I think it's wrong to gossip, and the speculations made are clearly hurtful, sometimes completely wrong, and obviously damaging.

That's not to say that I don't partake daily in reading up on what's going on with the stars of North America.

And yesterday, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes had a baby!

Now, I won't say that from what I've read, that I believe Tom is completely normal. In fact, I think he's kinda wierd. Scientology, eating his baby's placenta, the silent birth thing... these all seem wierd. (Although I wonder how many of them are fabrications in hopes of getting higher sales of certain magazines in the impulse buy section of Wal-Mart). (And I'll also say that I think the impulse buy section is such a great idea that every time I pass one, I choose an item from it, be it no name brand Q-tips or a packet of thirty hair barrettes that I certainly don't need. I believe in supporting good ideas, and the impulse buy section is one of them).

I will say, that there is now another baby in the world, and two people who seem pretty happy to welcome it, and really? What's wrong with that? He's old, she's young; he's short, she's tall; he's a Scientologist, she's a Catholic; and in the end, I'm sure they love their baby very, very much.

In other celebrity news, Britney Spears dropped her baby on his head, and Brooke shields had a baby on the same day as Tom Cruise.

I've heard that gossip is a sin.

I've a feeling that, what with my hatred of people in general and my compunction for good gossip, I'm more destined for Hell than ever, now.

Toonses

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dind't even know that Brooke Shields was pregnant! How do you keep up with gossip?

Thankfully, I did know that the Cruise/Holmes duo had their Suri.

12:20 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

I keep up with my gossip on a message board dedicated strictly to celebrity gossip.

It's sinful!

Toonses

10:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home