Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Five a.m.

It's five a.m.

I've already downed my first can of RedBull, and I'm preparing for my first final.

Part of me loves finals time. Really. I'm all cozied up in my apartment, my hair akimbo, wearing socks too high and jogging pants too short, reading, learning, hoping, praying that I won't bomb this exam terribly.

This year is coming to a close. I'm extremely happy about that.

As you'll recall, this year began with me being off my medication, crying incessantly on my bed over what? I'm still not sure. I've come to the realization that I have a medical disorder that can't be cured by my willing it away. That makes me sad, makes me angry and sometimes furious: but I'm trying to learn to accept it.

I've had housing issues, friends issues, gotten a cat which has added other issues. I've become and aunt for the second time, met people, expanded my social life in some areas and shrunk it in others. I've cried over my housing, my cat, my family, the things that I've done and other things that I haven't done.

I miss my nephew terribly. I've had a love hate relationship with my job at the Sub Shack, where I'm still working. I've played on stage three times at the bar down the street. I've gained a ton of weight and found myself struggling with adult-onset acne.

Emotionally, this year has been the proverbial roller coaster. I've been down, up, in the middle, back up, back down, and right back to the middle again.

I've disovered that money doesn't matter as I realize more and more that I actually don't have any. I've learned that the Berry Queen is going to have yet another Berry Baby. I've played my guitar and sang my heart out at one of my mom's dearest friends' wedding. I've been accepted, been torn, and dropped my school's co-op program. I've applied to other schools and then dropped that option as well. I've hated the city and hated my school and contemplated dropping it all and moving back home to work at a toothbrush plant. Or at the very least, dropping it all to go home and take a nap with my Lovey Bunny [nephew] (Who turned FIVE this year) and my Dixie Dog.

It's not exactly been a fun ride.

But it's been a ride nonetheless.

I can't wait for it to end, to start my summer, to sleep late and work hard, party harder, go the the Berry Farm and be one with the Right Boob yet again, to drive in the sunset and play guitar on the porch.

So, as I say, it's been a ride: Thanks, dear blogging buddies, for sharing it with me, for your encouragement, for your hugs and your love.

And now, back to Contemporary Sociologial Theorists.

Love,

Toonses

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget bon-fires and nights spent in the love shack. And now that you're running out of reasons why you can't date me, it could be a dangerous summer. ;)

7:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home