Monday, April 10, 2006

I think it's time to call in the Reinforcements...

Like the song. You know, then they 'call in some reinforcements from the Illinois national Guard'.

In all seriousness, I need help. I was just perusing my living quarters and I' in desperate need of aid before I move.

Take these examples:

Beside my amplifier is a garlic press, a pair of pink underwear, two and a half course syllabuses, a dirty towel, a credit card bill that I'm not sure if I paid or not, and a checkbook underneath an unused cat toy.

On top of my microwave sits a pot of long-dead tulips, a broken votive candle, a container of organic catnip, two highlighter markers that don't work, two roles of packing tapes, and a picture frame that I've been trying to find a picture for, but I don't have one that's the right size.

On top of my dresser is a crochet hook (I lost all my yarn) two discarded paintbrushes, two more highlighters that don't work, a DVD I bought on discount at Wal-Mart that I've never watched, and my smoke detector because every time I turn on my toaster oven, it goes off and won't shut up.

These are only a few things. I still have all the areas by my sink, a closet that I can't open the door of without junk falling out on me, five drawers worth of stuff, my cupboard space, my book shelf...

I know someone in this world who is capable of GSD. (Getting Shit Done). This woman will throw out her first child's first poster that says 'I Love you Mommy' if it's clogging up space on her kitchen table. Let no clutter stop this woman from having a clean, tidy environment in which to exist. She can have the bedrooms of five small children spotless in a matter of two hours. Her table and counter are never cluttered. She will whack the head of any kitten that dares to put a sutured paw on her table cloth.

She is SuperNan. She could have this place packed, scrubbed, sanitized and ready to eat out of in about thirty two minutes (Forty seven if she stopped for a smoke break on the Balcony. Which I won't let her do because that's where I've been piling the trash that I've been too lazy to take outside.)

Ugh. I need my mommy.

Toonses

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, well, I could help you with the pink underwear beside the garlic press. I could hang them on Bunter's antlers.

7:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home