Sunday, March 12, 2006

Hurrah!

Today I got my Hunter Safety course. I can now apply for a small game license, a migratory bird license, and tags for hunting big game. I can own and operate firearms!

My first goal as a hunter is to target practice, obviously. Then, when I'm a sharpshooter just like Big Brother or Big Man I can start shooting small game during season!

So?

Clearly Copernicus needs a coonskin bed and a rabbit hide carpet in her house.

Bring on ducks season! Bring on deer season! I don't have to starve next winter!

The actual truth is that I don't really want to kill anything. I would love to spend time getting to know animals, nature, tracking techniques, figuring out how to use a compass. I can't imagine myself getting that close to a deer and pulling a trigger..... perhaps I'm just not cut out to be a hunter?

Either way, I plan on shooting to my heart's content at clay pidgeons in the back yard until I can know the socks off My Boys

Happy Hunting!

Toonses

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home