Monday, January 16, 2006

Ode to a dear friend....

Bigman, in his infinite wisdom and kindness, had a heart to heart with me the other day.

I was, as per usual, whining and carrying on about my life, how my appartment has turned my hair orange, about how I'm wasting my time with this degree, and not going anywhere positive in my life, and on and on and on.

He sat patiently by his computer, doling out advice, wisdom, and insight about how to make me a happier me and how to make my life a happier life. He explained his own life and how he had been in a similar situation to mine, and in the end he ended up helping me create a life plan that is both feasable and fun, and that will keep me happy.

All the while, he was dealing with his own devastating news but allowed me to whine about my nothingness before telling me about his own life. And when he did, there was really nothing I could say or do that would match what a wonderful friend he's been to me all these months and years.

Captain Jones has been there for me through breakups and get-back-togethers, through dumpings and un-dumpings, through fire parties and camping and crappy jobs and stupid decisions and family troubles and kittens and drunkenness and my first time on stage and movie nights and Cute Boys and just about everything else I can think of. (Let's not forget the schmoe who got married to someone else before he broke up with me. Sheesh). About the only thing I don't discuss with him is cramps and internet bills -- and that's only because those are two things I never get.

I'll never be able to repay this dear friend for any of the advice and simply the being there that he's done for me. Instead, I can only blog about him and hopefully let hom know how stuck in so many ways I would be without him.

For the last five or six days, I have been purely at peace with my life, myself, my decisions, my cat, and almost at peace with my backfat. Simply because of what a wonderful friend BigMan has been.

I guess all I can say is that I really owe you buddy. Really, really owe you.

Peace,

Toonses

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home