Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Three cheers for Celibacy!!

But first, a quoatable quote from Ken:

"If he's dumb enough to shoot you down, he deserves to be shot in the foot and forced to walk home through a river of salt water"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A friend of mne just confided that she thinks she's preggers. That's all I'm going to say, in an effort to protect the innocent, but Eeesh. I had nightmares all night last night about swollen boobs and back fat, along with a lifetime of being roused from slumber to tend to a little person who is slobbery, vomitey, and poopey.

(And no, I'm not joking! Every time someone mentions that they are or may be expecting a child, I have nightmares. It's awful).

So, everyone together now!

Hooray Celibacy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name that tune:

"The desert's quiet,
Cleveland's cold.
And so the story
ends we're told"

Anyone??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got stood up today.

By Cute Boy.

I was pretty pissed.

We were supposed to meet for coffee today between my classes from ten till eleven thirty. So I got up and got all ready, and thankfully I decided to forgo the thong underwear since it was, afterall, only supposed to be coffee.

I got there five minutes late (my new thing. I'm always five minutes late now in hopes of not having to stand around somewhere alone. It's one of my things to be alone in public. It makes me feel like I'm going to vomit, so I try to make sure to be somewhere after the person I'm meeting is supposed to be there. )

I ordered a frozen hot chocolate. (Because I despise coffee)

I struggled to find a seat in the place, which was packed. Did I mention yet that I HATE being alone in public, especially when there are a hundred other people there and walking through the crowd is like being molested again and again???

I found a seat. Beside some old guy who turned out to be nice.

My drink started leaking. I went through the molesting crowd yet again in search of a new cup and napkins. New cup took forever to get my hands on and the napkin dispenser was all but empty. By the time I got back to my seat beside the old guy (who by this time was scared that my leaky beverage was going to swallow him up because the mess was THAT BIG) had also gone on a search for napkins. Together, we cleaned the counter and then proceeded to sit in awkward silence while I was being stood up.

Cute Boy called at 2. (Four hours after we were supposed to meet up.) Somehting about sleeping in and how he said he would call to confirm that we were meeting up, although I was pretty sure that the confirmation call took place on Monday when he was home sick from work....

So now what? Do I be all mad? Do I just forget about it? What if this leads to MORE stand-ups? What do I do then?

I hate dating.

I'd rather spend time with my cat. She is always where I want her to be, and if not, I can just pick her up and put her where I want her to be. Sigh.

Studying awaits me, gotta run.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man. I missed this.

Well it seems like you've got your answer. I'm a bit irked that his roomate had to share the news instead of you. What's up with that?

8:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, instead of HIM, not YOU!

8:50 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Oh, his roommate called for another reason and then the subject of me being stood up came up... then the roommate mentioned about the power outage etc.

Although I wonder if perhaps it was a planned phone call so that the roommate would have an opportunity to say what he said..

LOL. Black helicopters anyone??

2:37 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the Federales say, they could've had him any day
They only let him slip away, out of kindness I suppose.

Poncho and Lefty. Willie Nelson & Merle Haggart.

10:46 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"[T]hankfully I decided to forgo the thong underwear since it was, afterall, only supposed to be coffee."

Hmm, now I'm currious... what normally happens when you go out that would require thong underpants? This is under the heading of "Three Cheers for Celibacy" and all. *grin*

Does Tequilla make your clothes fall off?

~smile~

10:57 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hahaha Bigman I knew someone would be curious....

Thong underwear are not necessarily sexual you know... generally they are worn when you are wearing a thinner material pant that would allow a regular underwear line to show through.... since it was only coffee, I decided to wear jeans, which you cna't see an underwear line through... so thong underpants were not needed.

I love Pancho and Lefty. I just learned to play it on guitar... next Wicked Wicked fire party I'll play it just for you.

12:00 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Oh, and yes, tequilla does make my clothes fall off.

I love that song too!~

12:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home