Thursday, November 03, 2005

Sigh......

Cute Boy did not call last night. Well, I didn't really expect him to, he doesn't need to call every single day.

I was just thinking you were dying to know.

But I had a long convo with someone else last night, and it made me wonder. Do I really want to get involved in this whole dating thing again? Because really, I hate dating. It's awkward, strange, unnatural.... and it always ends with me laying on the living room floor in a heap in a half-drunken stupor. (As a side note, I was discussing breakups with my neighbor last night, and she says that she does the same thing... so no, I'm not the only person in the world who is that pathetic, thankyouverymuch)

Ugh..... I hate dating!!! So why am I doing this to myself!! (Probably because Cute Boy is so darn cute. Ugh....)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Five Years Ago Today (A Story By The Toonse Brigade)

Five years ago today, I was sitting in Accounting Class with my friend Mary. I was so excited and alert and just Desperate to meet the new little boy in my family. I wasn't doing any work and was probably being really distracting and at one point someone asked me "Why didn't you just skip school today?" ANd I'm still wondering the same thing, to this day. What the hell was I doing in accounting class???

My mom finally came to pick me up at school. We drove to the hospital and there was, of course, my brother, his wife, my dad..... and a precious little baby.

He was just perfect. I got to hold him for quite some time and at one point he opened his big blue eyes and looked at me. It was like he was saying "You're my Auntie forever and for always, and from this day forward I will make it my duty to torment your cat, strew your clean laundry about the house, and wake you every time you may have a chance to sleep in. At the same time I will say cute things that will melt your heart and entertain your friends endlessly with my antics. Oh, and sometimes I'll climb into your bed early in the morning and me, your cat, and you can cuddle for hours". Then he closed his teeny tiny little eyes and went back to sleep.

Now that nine pound bundle of joy weighs a little over fifty pounds, loves John Deere and Spiderman, and reading about the Berenstein Bears.

Where has all the time gone?

Happy Birthday Precious Boy!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now to go home and study before going to order someone a special Spiderman Cake!! I'm so excited...... but I don't know if he likes chocolate or vanilla.

Dammit. You'd think I'd know the kid better than that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, happy birthday little guy!

1:52 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He likes cake. And a cake with spiderman on it is even better. So, it's all good.

10:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home