Thursday, November 10, 2005

This is wierd....

Sometimes my parent's PC is letting me blog, sometimes not. Strange.

I saw snowflakes today. It was like a frickin' blizzard in my front year. It was terrifying.

Well not really. There were like five flakes of snow. For all I know, I've got really bad dandruff and the wind picked up, but it reminded me of snow no matter what it was and now I'm pissed.

I had a long drive to the city and back yesterday for an exam. (Which I think I aced).

I was listening to a CD that someone made me for a party this summer... the songs that really define who I am. I love country music. I just love it. Laugh all you want, poke fun until your sides ache... COuntry music is who I am. Alabama, Kenny Rogers, Toby Keith, Garth (I used to have a huge crush on Garth... )

Some lyrics for you:

"I feel no shame I'm proud of where I came from
I was born and raised in the boondocks.
No matter where I go I know my heart and soul's
in the boondocks" (Dunno who this is... love it though)

"If there ever was a reason
for me to get down on my knees
and if there ever was a time
that I could use your trust in me
If there's any way... That you could love me any how
If you ever had much faith in me
I could use a little now" (Trish Yearwood, I believe?)

"In John Deere Green
On a hot summer night
He wrote Billy Bob loves Charlene
In letter three foot high
You know the whole town said
the boy should have used red
But it looked good to Charlene
In John Deere Greene" (God bless Joe Diffy)

Sometimes I here these songs, and it just... I dunno. I love rock and I listen to a variety of music... I've even got Johnny Horton and Dean Martin! But there is just something about country music...

So, laugh away.

I'm just me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news, we had some hunting success down on the ranch today. Big brother got a spike deer, other big brother got a ten point buck (Which is equivalent to the Suma Cum Laude of deer hunting, for those of you who don't know).

Clearly, I'm not the hick (I refuse to use the term redneck because it's actually a derogatory, offensive term) that I thought I was. The site of two dead deer in the back of a pickup truch just didn't do it for me.

But I'm happy for my boys nonetheless! Good shootin' boys!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, since I didn't get any duck I hope I'm getting some venison!

2:03 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first song you mentioned is by Little Big Town entitled: boondocks. :)

6:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home