Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Job qualifications?

I have no job skills.

I went to a co-op meeting to day about making a resume. You need to put your job skills down and quite frankly I don't have any. There are tons of other people in the program who have experience in School Council, volunteering places, etc. Well I've never really had the time for that sort of thing between work and school. I have no job skills.

I can shovel shit with the best of them and change diapers like there is no tomorrow.... I can serve customers and tear apart pallets at a rate of 23 per hour, five above the set rate of the plant I worked at. I can slice deli meats and pump gas and work the cash at the corner store, and make subs and mop floors and quite frankly, what the hell does all that mean to the city slicker desk-sitting chick behind the counter when I go for my interviews in this program? She probably doesn't know what a cow is, let alone why it is important to create and manage their feed rations on a monthly basis. (Well, my dad always createdthe rations..... but you know what i mean).

What was I thinking? I don't even know what a sociologist does, let alone possess the skills that are required to be one.

Which all makes me wonder, what is a country mouse like me doing in this big city? Shouldn't I be back at home where there are things that I know how to do????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cute Boy called last night. He really had nothing to say. I think it was the sweetest thing in the world. It's like saying "I was thinking about you, that's all".

Unless, of course, he was calling to break up with me and at the last minute lost his nerve and just ended up saying not too much of anything at all. Hmmmm.

But, he did agree to go to a social gathering with me this weekend, so perhaps that is unlikely.

ANd, I still haven't determined whether or not we're seeing each other, dating, just hanging out, etc; nor have I figured out if, if he doesn't want to see me any more, that qualifies as a dumping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cryptic post yesterday? Yeah.

Well soemtimes shit happens out of the blue that leaves you initially feeling like you're going to explode with excitement. But then you come to the realization that there are so many better things to be excited about... like samosas and beer, and cute boys who know when to call. *grin* I really like him, can you tell?

Sigh. I'm fine.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once you've gone on a few more dates, then you can bring up the "being exclusive" topic. :)

1:39 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about your kick-ass bo-staff skills?

7:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home