Thursday, December 24, 2009

I Will Not Flip Out On Christmas...

I feel like I need to write that out two hundred times and then I will be calm.

Apparently insurance companies are difficult to wrangle with. I have now purchased a new car. It is sitting with my license plates on it at the dealership AS WE SPEAK.

Why not go get your new car, you ask?

Because in order to pay for the car, I must first pay off the Jeep, and in order to do that, I need a check from my insurance company.

The check was supposed to come in on Monday.

Then Tuesday.

Then Wednesday.

Oh, look, it's Thursday!

So, I called my insurance just to ask about my check. And I was totally fine with it not coming in.

Until they told me that from that day forward, not only would they not be allowing me to buy another vehicle, they would no longer be paying for my rental.

Ahem.

I was under the impression that the reason these people have been taking money from my account each month was to pay for contingencies such as traumatic accidents that leave you without wheels.

And now I would have to pay for a rental because they can't get their act together and give me my damn check?

There was some yelling.

And some swearing.

And perhaps some phone-throwing.

I called my insurance broker, that lovely gent that he is, and complained loudly to him. He called me back and said that there was nothing he could do, I would have to give up the rental or pay for it.

I HAVE TO HAVE NO CAR ON CHRISTMAS?!?

So this morning I woke up at work and made a Christmas resolution that I would do no yelling, swearing, or phone-throwing on Christmas. And then I carried on with my morning rituals and drove home in the rental I had accepted that I would be paying for.

And then a Christmas Miracle happened, and the insurance company called, and all of life got better because they are agreeing to pay for my rental for seven more days.

Hallelujah, it's Christmas!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jummy said...

Hurray for an honest to goodness Christmas miracle because nothing gets my blood boiling more than the situation you described in this blog: when we have to pay for the errors of others. Grrr!

1:54 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

The frustrations of this situation are boggling my mind right now: I'm not sure which was more traumatic, the accident itself or dealing with the insurance company afterwards.

I am really thinking about having my broker switch me to another company and then sending them a letter outlining why. My brother is with the same company and stated that he would be willing to do the same thing, so maybe we would get some attention from them if we did so. Who knows, though, if a big company would really care about losing two accounts.

12:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home