Thursday, November 26, 2009

Oh, Country Living....

I moved back to the country for a large array of reasons that you don't have the patience to read about and I don't have the patience to write about.

I have very few gripes about living in the country. I really love it here, in CowTown, with all seventeen houses ... Wait, I have a side comment. A new house is being built in CowTown AS WE SPEAK, which means that once it is complete? We will have EIGHTEEN HOUSES.

I love being out in the green, in the middle of nowhere, being able to light a big ol' fire any time I want to. I'm not surrounded by neighbors, I can get naked in front of my bedroom window, and if I drink too much and pass out on the front lawn, nobody will ever be the wiser.

There are two things I dislike about living in the country:
1. I can not have two a.m. shawarma any old time I like
2. The Internet

We recently acquired high speed internet here in CowTown, at great cost to our wallets and our souls. It works sporadically at best and is out often.

I've often wanted to post my rage about my non-functioning internet, but doing so makes me want to break out in hives, throw computers at walls, and stab myself in the eye with a pitch fork (A five tined one.)

I was perusing blogs lately and I came across this post, in which a woman so eloquently describes my frustration with internet way out in the boonies.

Read it. READ IT NOW. The woman is brilliant and I have spent many a morning in such the same fashion that I feel her and I have shared something sacred (Only, the opposite of sacred because living without reliable internet is NOT A WAY I WANT TO LIVE.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jummy said...

Your super pricey internet is GLITCHY??? What?!! Unfair!

I won't lie: the internet access I'd have there is one important reason why living in Nigeria may never be a possibility for me. And living in the boonies? Well yes, being able to get into my car and buy something (anything!) at whatever time of day is a real perk of city living to me. Even if I rarely take advantage of said perk, I like having it.

2:05 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yes, Joomy, it is glitchy on NUMEROUS occasions and makes me want to scratch my own eyes out. Every time it goes out they get a very wordy phone call from me. We are paying out the butt for this crappy service and the really sucky thing is that we are on a contract!

1:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home