Tuesday, November 24, 2009

On Online Dating...

I don't necessarily keep it a secret that I engage in online dating. I haven't actually gone on a date with someone I've met online in years. I look at it as a tool that may help me find the man of my dreams and if not? Well, I got the story of the guy who brought his knitting with him on our first (and only) date out of it. Oh, the mileage I got out of that story.

So today I happened to peruse this one individual, this guy who works in construction and fishes and hunts and then there's the best part: he rides barrels. OH MY WORD, a man who can ride a horse and wield a shotgun.

I just had to show his picture to my mother, and while she is looking at the picture of him on the horse, my father walks by and halts.

And I have possibly just found my next husband, the person of my dreams, my soulmate, everything that I am meant to be with and this is what my father has to say:

"Is he wearing a helmet? Is he wearing a helmet while he's racing barrels? It's bad enough he's in a girl's sport but if he's wearing a helmet to be in a girl's sport, you better not bring him back here!"

Seriously? Seriously?

It takes me months to decide that I don't like someone, and my father can decide such a thing with a glimpse of a single picture while he wasn't even wearing his glasses.

If only life was so easy for me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jummy said...

This entry begs the question of how important Dad's opinion is! Something tells me he wouldn't hesitate to make his like/dislike of someone known...for that alone you must not pursue helmet-wearing guy!

2:07 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Dad's opinion is important if the guy is someone I wish to bring home for dinners and such. If it is just a dating situation, not so much important, but I'd really like someone who can itneract positively with my family!

1:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home