Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Are you KIDDING me?

So, throughout the months of September and October, I wrote a number of posts about an individual I named The Moosehunter.

And then I consulted Joomy and a number of other people on issues with The Moosehunter and was given quite a bit of advice and then I had to move on.

And I cried over this Moosehunting character because he made me sad and also because the tires on his car were just so large.

And then I went out with a dining companion and moved on entirely with my life and was living happily ever after, having totalled my Jeep and accepted that now, when we see each other on the road, he won't know that it is me because he won't know the vehicle.

And then?

Are you KIDDING ME?

After I had worked so hard to move on and gone to dinner with a dining companion?

Do you KNOW what happened?

HE CALLED ME.

What the fuck?

(Also, I've noticed that I swear altogether too much on my blog lately. Something I will need to remedy in the future, for sure.)

But in the meantime?

What.

The.

FUCK.

The funny thing is that my mother (You know the woman I'm talking about. The one who dated like, ONE person and then married him at the age of eighteen and then thirty seven years later offers advice to her single daughter? Yeah, that's my mother who I'm talking about here) told me this would happen. She told me that he would be very busy with his thirteen hundred acres of corn and that he would call in January when the corn was done.

She told me to take it as a good sign that he called so soon into the corn being done with.

I might call him tomorrow.

Who's kidding who, I practically had to be restrained from calling him the minute I saw his name on my phone.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jummy said...

Oh dear. Well I'm sticking to the good advice from HJNTIY. I just can't believe that farmers require different rules from the general ones the book focuses on. I can accept that as the wife of a guy in certain occupations such as farming, there are times you will not be your husband's priority (and vice versa), but in the early stages of the relationship I do expect him to find time in his busy schedule for me, even if it means he has to deny himself sleep, or delay a task by 5, 15 or 30 minutes because he's talking to me on the phone. All I'm asking for is a regular phone call, email or text message, not for him to ignore his duty and unless he's working literally 24 hours a day he has no excuse in my books.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm not sure I'd be flattered that he finally found time to call me...but I'm greedy like that: I want to be a guy's #1 priority.

(None of this, including my tone, is new to you I know)

2:01 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Well, I think you're right and you're wrong: In doing the corn he would have been busy about 18-20 hours a day, and when you've worked that long, you really are not up for anything else. I've been there and I've done that and weeks on end of constant work and minimal sleep makes a person slightly delirious.

HOWEVER, I'm sure that at some point during the past six weeks there was a point in time when it rained and he couldn't work that he could have called me and invited me for coffee. And he didn't do that.

I was in quite a conundrum because right before he called me I had been out a couple times with an individual whose truck had most excellent tires and who offered to lend me his crossbow for archery season and I was all HOW WILL I EVER CHOOSE? But a choice has been made and as of right now, I am quite happy with my choice.

I will not be calling The Moosehunter again.

12:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home