Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Float-y and Nice...

I took Zydo over fences for the first time in a year today. I rode for a little over an hour and the entire time was pure, unadulterated bliss.

And I think that this must be what doing drugs is like. I've never had involvement with drugs, and sometimes I think it must be the same as riding: Everything is floaty and nice, full of adrenaline and hearts pounding and joy. And then you come off, and your muscles are aching, you have a headache, and you grin like an idiot because of the trip you just took.

I nearly burst into tears today when I worked on a transition into canter, because for the first time in my life, my legs actually did the thing they were supposed to do when sending a horse into canter. And then he ran, and ran, and ran. There was wind in my hair, his mane was flying around my fingertips. Zydo ran his heart out for me, and didn't want to stop, not once. My coach started setting up a jump for him, and as soon as he saw it, his ears perked up and he started charging towards it without my saying so.

I left his new farm with a smile plastered on my face, and an aching seated very deep within my ass.

And I was the happiest person on the planet.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home