Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Let's Go... Time's A-Wastin'...

Oh, June Carter Cash, how I love thee.

This week is another hellacious one that involves three days of double shifts and two days of school. Of course, I can't really count that one day because I skipped it like the slacker that I am. There's just something about getting into my car and spending fifteen dollars in gas with five in parking that makes my mind scream SLEEP MORE, DAMMIT.

My financial situation of late has been atrocious, such that I've stooped to the level of so many twenty-something university graduates living with their parents, and I asked my mother for money to fill up my car the other day. And then, miracle of miracles, I ACTUALLY used that money to FILL UP MY CAR.

What happened to the good ol' days, when I could fake some need or another in order to run out and pick up a 2-4?

Of course, those were also the days when I made no effort to control my drinking; when there was no pretense that I should be a human being capable of living in a sober state for longer than twenty four hours. Now that I'm pretending to be a grownup with a car and a job and such, there isn't nearly as much time for beer drinking and revelry.

MY GOD, how I miss beer drinking and revelry.

Believe it or not, I kind of miss university. Lord knows how I passed any classes... Especially that last semester, living in filth, surrounded by cats in Mal's appartment.

Of course, I don't miss tripping over the homeless folks in my foyer, or that creepy building superintendent who tried to see me naked. I also don't miss the Depths of Hell, where the walls were so thin you could hear your neighbors sneeze and the water so rusty it turned your hair orange.

Oh, wait. That was MY HAIR THAT TURNED ORANGE. No one else's hair turned orange from pursuing higher education.

Bastards.

At any rate, I'm so poor right now that the Little Chevy may just die of thirst in the parking lot and there is nothing that I can do. I'm sure that my bank account balance is going to drop to below zero at any moment, and that the next time someone asks if I want to go for coffee, I'll burst into tears because I've already ravaged my coffee savings. And that bowl of change in the kitchen.

And the console of my mother's car.

It is a sad, sad life that I live indeed. I haven't been making frivolous purchases or going to clubs and needing new attire or anything like that, either. I've just been trying to pay some damn bills here and there, and apparently, in the real world, PAYING THE BILLS CRAMPS YOUR STYLE.

Consider whatever style I ever had to be officially cramped.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home