Friday, January 25, 2008

A Busy, Busy Girl....

I've been loaded down with school and work lately, trying to delicately balance the two in my life so that I don't end up throwing myself off a bridge any time soon. Not that I want to throw myself off a bridge; on the contrary, things are going quite well. Its just that often, after coming home from a long day of working with teenagers, I need to sit on the couch and stare at mindless television for about seven or eight hours until the terror leaves my brain.

I jest.

My work isn't THAT bad. I quite enjoy it on most days. But, it is a challenge and I do find myself busy, or overloaded mentally so that I do need to take some extra time for myself now and then.

I'm still in College, although I question my desire to continue attending daily. This semester we are taking a children's literature course, a course on professionalism, a course on current adolescent issues, and another on youth and the law. Through everything I've done for my degree, though, those courses were all covered in one way or another, and the redundancy makes me want to stab myself in the eye with my pen in the middle of class.

I haven't ridden Zydo since the week of Christmas, and now he is acting mostly as a pet. He is too cute, the way the hair on his nose gets covered in frost, and he comes to the gate and puts his frozen nose in my hand and I melt the frost off and he licks my palm like a little puppy, only he happens to weigh fifteen hundred pounds. And the no riding has affected him that way, has caused a large lump of flab to appear on his rump and his blanket to be ill fitting.

The Little Chevy has been running like a top, not needing a single dollar's worth of work since the snow tires and the gas tank. I love my little car, and I feel bad for it, as it treats me so well; the other day, SuperNan was filling up my windshield washer fluid, and she noticed a large chunk of the Little Chevy hanging off the hood. And she ripped it off, tore away this piece of falling of paint, and the horror that stood in my heart during that moment will forever haunt my soul. Because it caused me to realize that even if the Little Chevy seems invincible, she is not. And now I have about ten hours worth of body work to do on her because I noticed that the hood is starting to rust. And OH, how I don't have what it takes to be seen driving around in a rust bucket. Sigh.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Here's hoping that college hurries up and ends already!

9:37 a.m.  
Blogger Mahala said...

Chevy.. like a rock! *giggle*

2:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home