Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Radiologists? We are not...

Last Spring, my dear friend The Berry Queen spent some time in the hospital. With the wonders of modern technology, I brought my laptop to the hospital and looked at a CD of her MRI. It was fascinating to see the insides of my friend's body on the screen of my laptop; unfortunately, no one knew what we were looking at.

At one point, we were looking at what appeared to be her head, and I swear, there was a small squirrel staring back at us. Berry Queen was quite disturbed because, well, HOW THE HELL WOULD A SQUIRREL GET INTO YOUR HEAD? (Turns out it was just a nasty sinus infection.)

Today I had my lymph nodes ultrasounded (Can you make that word a past tense?) and I was watching the screen with interest. The people doing them were a little miffed when I asked for a printout picture of my nodes. Hell, pregnant people ask for printouts all the time. They're lumpy. I'm lumpy. I really don't see the problem here. (They refused to give me a picture of my lymph nodes. Bastards.)

So, I was watching the screen and every now and then the woman would press a button and Chk, Chk, Chk would ring out in the deathly silent room. And at one point, and I am NOT making this up, I saw a little mouse appear ont he screen. She was small and looked like she was sleeping, but she was definitely there. Her nose, her head, her boddy and butt, and of course, a creepy little tail.

And now I'm thinking, what the hell is up with radiology and rodents? Like, seriously? A mouse?

I think I'm going to name her Louella. Louella the Lymph Node Rodent.

Has a nice ring to it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home