Monday, November 13, 2006

Breaking up is hard to do....

The lovely Berry Queen and her very fine eldest son came to the Big City today to pick up Phinnaeus/Fighter. Whatever his name is.

On his last night, I didn't really cuddle him much. I was trying to get used to the idea of him not being here any more.

And now I have a problem. The Berry Queen flatly refused to bring Phinn's things with her to BerryLand. I suppose this is understandable seeing as she has a house filled with five children and now four cats and all of their belongings and she probably doesn't want any more belongings but what on Earth am I to do with a little red litter box and food dish? And Kitten Chow? Coperni-Kitty is not a kitten any more and doesn't need kitten chow!

And then I was thinking, what better thing to do with kitten chow and kitten supplies than to find a kitten to make good use of them?

But, that would be costly. Coming into possession of a cat by accident and through true love is one thing, but purposefully seeking one out? When you do things like that, you end up with cats like Coperni-Kitty: and while I do truly love her and wouldn't trade her unique personality for the world? Well, she's a dud as far as pets go.

Seriously. When the people came to get their kittens last Wednesday night? Their first question was "These aren't related to Copernicus, are they? Because the cats that come from her family are Psycho." That's right. People are desperate to not have cats like mine. Sigh.

The Berry Queen suggested that I clean the red litter box out and use it to store my socks. Not a bad suggestion, on the whole. I suppose a sane person would just throw it in the trash.

Since when have I ever claimed to be sane?

Toonses

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not give the litter box and chow to one of the new kitten owners?

1:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home