Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Post about Underwear....

Because I can't stop loving good underwear.

By the same token, it is entirely safe for you to assume that I dislike not so good underwear.

And the infamous GrannyPants fall into the category of not so good underwear.

(Oh, have I told you that Jooms has a new home? I've been so busy that I haven't even spammed my readers about her! Damn me!)

So, today, Joomy posted about some new underpants that she tried out. And she loves them. They do not fit into the realm of Granny, and I'm so proud of her for coming out of her comfort zone!

I have to say that I am in touch with loving underwear. (Although if you ever use the word panties around me, I might have to strangle you with my crocheting because I hate that word.)

I know a lot of people in older generations (Like my father ... *ahem*) who think that attractive underwear is about attracting people. Male people. (Hah. He's not aware that if that were true, I'd get around to shaving my legs more than once for every financial quarter that passes us by.)

Nope, underwear for me is not about sex appeal at all. The only people who get the pleasure of seeing my underwear is my roommate and my cat. And usually then it's because it's been strewn about the house because I'm a slob.

I love string bikinis and thongs especially. I do not own a single pair of granny pants on the principle that they are not sexy enough to cover my ever expanding ass.

Great underwear makes me feel great. I don't know if it will do the same for you, but that's what it does for me. I have underwear in every size and color of the rainbow. Some of them are large enough to cover my behind and some of them leave my mother shaking her head and muttering on laundry day. ALL of them leave the male members of my family squirming and looking the other way. When we were trying out our new clothesline this summer, my mother was somewhat embarrassed when the neighbor came over to help my Dad with some equipment related things and my underwear was waving from the clothesline like a flag, screaming "I'm PINK! And BLUE! And YELLOW and you should stare at ME, Dammit!"

There is really nothing more confidence boosting than walking down the street knowing that in reality, you could be wearing flesh colored control top undies that float all the way up to your rib cage, but in reality, you're wearing La Senza Thong Underpants in Hot Pink with complementing purple bows. It's like your own little secret that you can walk around with all day. You can look like ass, have unplucked eyebrows and no makeup, and still, you're sexy because your underwear have deemed that no one who is unsexy would be brave enough to put them on, so clearly, you ARE sexy. And sexy you shall remain. Because you're brave enough to don hot undies.

Joomy did make one mistake though. She tried wearing her new thong underwear around the house! You have to not be standing up and sitting down a lot! You can walk, you can dance, you can consume copious amounts of beer, but you can not be lazing on the couch. It just gets uncomfortable. That's why I recommend them for clubbing! (Which means, JoomyDear, that we need to go CLUBBING sometime soon so you can try out your new undies in an appropriate setting.)

Yep. I love underwear. I think I own more than sixty pairs of them. I can go weeks without doing laundry and still have enough clean underwear to make it through another work week.

And that makes me happy.

And you know what?

That's Ok.

Toonses

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fab entry! You expressed it well: good underwear makes you feel good! It has nothing to do with WHO sees it!

11:11 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I know one person that is as happy about your underpants as you are. That would be me. *grin* And since we've now broken into a new stage of our relationship where we now sleep together when we're sober, I can say that your underpants were orange that night.

R. Jones

6:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home