Sunday, August 20, 2006

An open letter to the world....

Dear World:

I am fine.

I hate my jobs.

But I love my coworkers.

I hate my body.

But I just bought five new Tshirts in size XL and they fit me quite nicely.

I hate my life.

But I have so much to look forward to.

I hate that I am so far away from my nephew.

But I can talk to him on the phone any day that I choose.

I hate that this weekend, I missed the county fair; I missed witnessing my neice learn to walk; I missed an opportunity to play guitar while inebriated with SuperNan (Not that SuperNan ever gets inebriated... but I quite enjoy various states of inebriation and she is willing to put up with it)....

I hate that I cna't actually play Rockin Red or my new Precious Gibby.

But I love that I have them

Tonight I even sat on the balcony with my trusty first ever guitar and played some tunes....

And you know what?

That rocked my socks as well.

In sum, I know that I will be fine.

Even though I have no idea what direction this life will take; even though I have no idea what exactly it is that I'm planning on doing with a degree in Sociology...

Even though I have no idea where I will be twelve months from now; or even if I don't know where my next month's rent will come from....

I know I will be just fine.

Toonses

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, if you want to play rockin red of the Gibson just play it! Play it until the cows come home if it makes you happy. :-)

Azia

1:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home