Saturday, August 12, 2006

Back in the City...

And there is nothing quite like getting back and realizing: Dude, life in the city sucks. I have no beer. I have no cigarettes. And no one is here save for the suicidal cat who doesn't like me.

Smoking for me? Is a choice. It's a choice that I'd like very much to make right now. I would love nothing more than to run down to the liquor store and pick up a bottle of wine, and the corner store for a pack of ciggies.

And then I could sit, peacefully in the deafening noise of this smelly city, drink myself into oblivion, happily sick down a pack of cigarettes, and be guaranteed a great night's sleep tonight.

I'm not sure what's holding me back.

Toonses

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, what's holding you back is the grown up girl in you that says, "Getting loaded and smoking cigarettes would be fun... but not the best idea."

*grin*

R. Jones

10:42 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, as I was driving home from the hospital this morning I was thinking theological thoughts which I mostly do. Four score and ten is our allotted time according to the Good Book. Do the math. So if somebody told me I had twenty minutes left as opposed to twenty years, pretty much I'd have an ice cap and a cigarrete. (I can't even spell the d%%m things)
N

12:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home