Monday, August 07, 2006

I'm not sure what this world wants from me...

I went in for a shift at the SubShack tonight. I was called in when someone else called in sick. So I went.

I did not want to go.

But I did. And when I got there, I was thrilled. I saw my old co-workers and let me tell you, I love every one of them. They are fun, enthusiastic people, full of laughter and gossip. It was really great to catch up with everyone.

The shift was going fine, and I thought, Man! I'm really looking forward to the extra hours the Bossman is giving me. I was happy to be back, joking around, catching up on what's been going on...

And then it happened.

The customer came in.

He was hostile from the get go. He was unhappy, dissatisfied, demanding extra cheese, a lower price...

It's my first night, so I'm thinking, let the bastard have it. Fuck him. This asshole is not going to ruin my first day back.

And he left and I went back to being happy.

And my co-worker and I were sitting down having a break.

And the fucker came back and threw his frickin' sub at us. I swear. I'm not making this up. Some asshole threw food at me on my first day back and I'm thinking: What do you want from me?

The other day I was discussing with a certain Redneck Man (Who is definitely not a boy) the state of humanity in this world. And he said he'd given up on the human race.

And I thought, you know, that's a little severe.

But today I learned that I live in a world where it is acceptable for some irate asshole to throw food at someone making seven dollars an hour. (His reason? There were cucumbers on it. Cucumbers. That's right. Inoffensive little green circles that can be picked off with great ease. Cucumbers)

And you know, maybe not having any faith in humanity in this day and age is not such a ridiculous a concept.

A very unhappy,

Toonses

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home