Sunday, May 07, 2006

My New Home!!

Thanks to my dearest BigMan, I had the use of a digital camera all weekend! And what better to do with that digicam than to show you around my new home! Thanks so much, Davey!!

This is the kitchen. Note the luxuries such as a full sized refrigerator, full size stove, full size sink (That runs Clear water!) and the masses of cupboard space.
Here we have our breakfast nook/dining area. This is the table that my dear parents gave me. Thank heavens, or we would still be eating on the couch like ... well, like normal college students. Fortunately, we have class. And a table.
This is the TV stand. Note the flowy curtains in the background? The candleholders about? We've made our house a home. And if you don't take off your shoes before you enter, you're likely to lose your left nipple.
The couch!! My roommate's parents were incredibly gracious to drive over four hours with this most lovely furnishing in the back of their pickup truck. In our old apartment, we didn't have a couch and were forced to sit on our beds 24/7 like ... well, like people who didn't have room for couches. Thanks so much, Mike and Ginny! We love it!!

Here we have the living room in its entirety. Note the hardwood floors and abundance of space. The main selling point of this apartment was the price. The second selling point was the amount of natural light we could get. Savings on Hydro, and les risk of acquirings SADS. What more could two girls want??
This is our balcony. We love it. It has a great view of the city, and allows us to spy on the drug deals going on in the street below us. Since we can't afford cable, this is incredibly important.
View to the left.
View to the right.

This is the shelf in my bedroom. I assembled it myself from Ikea. Now I hate Ikea. But, I have a shelf.

Hopefully I'll get some more pics of the housewarming party up soon. But, I thought I would give you a glimpse of my new Palacial Suite so as to satisfy
  • those
  • who didn't make it to my party.

    Thanks for looking!!

    Toonses

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Smilin Tweety said...

    Ooooh, I love the pics,

    And it looks great in person too (but I saw it at night).

    Congrats on the new place =)

    8:32 p.m.  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Why thanks for the special mention, wench!

    The place does look lovely and very homey and I cannot wait to see it in person!

    I have those same curtains from Ikea in the same colour in my bedroom :)

    10:57 a.m.  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is certainly an over tenfold improvement from your previous place. Enjoy.

    And the party was great!

    5:35 p.m.  

    Post a Comment

    << Home