Friday, January 27, 2006

Well isn't this just peachy....

Copernicus loves her non-certified by the super dooper cat food certifying company cat food.

With the certified catfood it takes her about four to five days to finish off a can. This stuff I can't keep in her dish enough. She's eaten a whole can in less than three days.

I've realized that the non certified stuff doesn't even have the guaranteed analysis on the side of the can! ALL animal foods have a guaranteed analysis on them. Duck feed, chicken feed, cow feed, horse feed.... I've dealt with all feeds except pig feed and I'm telling you, this is the first animal food I've come across that doesn't have a guaranteed analysis on it....

And now I'm thinking, who do I consult on this matter? My mom? The Berry Queen? My neighbor? Jummy? Cute Boy?

And of course, again with the country versus city escapades. Because most city people would say "Uncertified cat food?!?!?!? The Horror!!" And report me to the SPCA I'm sure. My country people? Would say "Give it up. It's a damn cat. If it dies I'll go outside and find you another one."

I'm not usually one for falling for marketing ploys. And I'm wondering, is the superdooper catfood certifying company only a marketing ploy? Have they set out to charge us more for cat food with their little triangular signal of superiority on it only for the sake of making more money? Or do they sincerely have my little Coperni-kitty's best interests at heart? Are they really concerned that if she doesn't consume only the finest superdooper catfood certifying company catfood she'll get ricketts, a bad case of worms, develop distemper and keel over?

I can only imagine how women feel making the decision of how they should go about feeding their babies. I mean, if this is how I feel about my cat, how the hell would I react to having to choose what to feed a HUMAN BEING?
** Note to self: Put off childbearing for an extra five years.
** Or at least until I get this catfood thing sorted out***

Toonses

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Copernicus!

Or maybe not. I figure that for this non certfied stuff to make it to the market it must have undergone some sort of testing to make sure that it isn't bad for the animal, or that it at least tastes good [as Coper can attest] and things that taste good can't be bad for you, right?

*Blame my flawed logic on the setting in of spinsterhood

9:40 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still shocked that you even buy canned cat food. When I could get you a 40KG bag of Alley Cat for 5 bucks and it should last you a couple of years. Canned food for cats my goodness. You need to toughen up that cat, take away all food and water and she can survive on water that leaks out of the refridgerator and crickets. :)

9:58 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

I'd love to take your advice Bigman.

Unfortunately, this is the city.

The combination of noise, pollution, and rust water have seemingly killed all the crickets. I assume this because I have seen only ONE bug since I moved here. That's right, ONE.

I live where even insects refuse to live.

Charming.

7:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home