Monday, May 02, 2011

On Being Broke

Tax season has come and gone. I would usually choose to end this statement with some sort of other statement relating to how this has made me feel, but I will tell you a story instead.

Last year, I did my taxes. Mr. Tax Man gave me back almost five thousand dollars. I don't know if you've ever received five thousand dollars out of the woodwork before, but this is a mighty nice thing to get.

During that visit with Mr. Tax Man, he told me "If you make the same amount next year, you'll get close to the same return." I have since made it my goal to make the same amount as I made last year so that I could receive an additional five thousand dollars.

My new job leaves much to be desired in the way of finances, but I did work enough at other jobs over the year to compensate. I was hoping for an amount at least close to what I got last year. Like, within fifteen hundred dollars of what I got last year in the form of tax returns.

On Friday, I called my mother to see what my return would be and she told me I ended up oweing nine hundred dollars.

I did the only thing I could think of at that point and I went to my car and I wept until I thought I would throw up in my new car.

Through Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I have continued on in much the same fashion. I've now gone to two different accountants and as a result of this?

Right.

I've been weeping to the point of convulsion. Three times on Saturday, while I was driving back and forth from the city, I almost had to stop my car. I haven't cried this hard over anything in a long time.

I am on the brink of financial ruin. If this financial ruin was due to my penchant for Starbucks and name brand blue jeans, I would blame myself. But over the past months as my financial reality has sunk in, I have completely cut out the extras in my life. I do not dine out, I severely limit my beer intake. I do not purchase clothing or makeup or go to movies. I've been over and over my bank statements and I can't think of anywhere to pinch any pennies.

I currently have two friends looking out for second jobs that I can take on.

Until then, I'm sitting on the couch trying to think of a way to come up with enough money to pay my bills.

I don't know what I'm going to do.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Hi Amanda - Hang in there. You're a good person so a solution will present itself. I always love reading your blog.

4:32 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Por estar en la ruina
La temporada de impuestos ha ido y venido. Me suele optar por poner fin a esta declaración con una especie de otra declaración relativa a cómo esto me ha hecho sentir, pero voy a contar una historia en su lugar.

El año pasado, hice mis impuestos. Sr. Fiscal hombre me devolvió casi cinco mil dólares. No sé si alguna vez has recibido cinco mil dólares de la nada antes, pero esta es una buena cosa poderosa de conseguir.

Durante esa visita con el Sr. Fiscal hombre, me dijo: "Si usted hace la misma cantidad el año que viene, obtendrá cerca de la misma rentabilidad." He hecho ya que mi objetivo de hacer la misma cantidad que hice el año pasado por lo que yo podría recibir un adicional de cinco mil dólares.

Mi nuevo trabajo deja mucho que desear en el camino de las finanzas, pero lo hice bastante trabajo en otros puestos de trabajo durante el año para compensar. Tenía la esperanza de una cantidad por lo menos cerca de lo que me dieron el año pasado. Al igual que, dentro de mil quinientos dólares de lo que me dieron el año pasado en forma de declaraciones de impuestos.

El viernes, llamé a mi madre para ver cuál sería mi regreso y ella me dijo que terminé oweing novecientos dólares.

Hice lo único que podía pensar en ese momento y me fui a mi coche y lloré hasta que pensé que iba a vomitar en mi nuevo coche.

Hasta el viernes, sábado y domingo, he seguido en casi de la misma manera. Ahora me he ido a dos contadores diferentes y como resultado de esto?

Derecha.

He estado llorando hasta el punto de convulsión. Tres veces el sábado, mientras conducía un lado a otro de la ciudad, casi me tuvieron que dejar mi coche. No he llorado este duro sobre nada en mucho tiempo.

Estoy al borde de la ruina financiera. Si esta ruina financiera fue debido a mi afición por Starbucks y blue jeans de marca, me culpo a mí mismo. Pero en los últimos meses como mi realidad financiera ha hundido en, he completamente cortar los extras en mi vida. No cenamos fuera, me limito severamente mi consumo de cerveza. Yo no compro ropa o el maquillaje o ir al cine. He estado una y otra vez mis estados de cuenta bancarios y no puedo pensar en ningún lugar de pellizcar las monedas de un centavo.

Actualmente tengo dos amigos mirando hacia fuera para un segundo empleo que puedo asumir.

Hasta entonces, estoy sentado en el sofá tratando de pensar en una manera de subir con el dinero suficiente para pagar mis cuentas.

No se que voy a hacer.

integrantes
yaneth pernia #04
paola zambrano #24
5 "D"

1:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home