Friday, August 20, 2010

I Keep Seeing Shooting Stars...

I've seen several shooting stars since Zydeco was put down.

I keep thinking I should be wishing on them but I can't think of any particular wishes I'd like to have granted at this point in time. Despite the loss of my horse, things are going pretty well.

The idea came to me last night, driving home when I saw another one. This sounds really, really hokey but I'm going to go ahead and post it anyways.

I think the shooting stars happen every time Zydo goes over a jump in heaven. He was born to jump; he was made to jump. Jumping was Zydeco's passion and when he saw a jump he would light up like a Christmas tree.

I truly believe that he is now jumping to his heart's content and I think, from now on, I won't be making wishes any more when I see shooting stars. He is either landing or taking off, in perfect form and always on the correct lead. That's just how my boy rolls.

Shooting stars are not longer something I will wish on: Instead, they make me smile and make me think of how how happy my Mr. Magnificent really is now.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

I believe you're right, Amanda.

6:56 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home