Thursday, April 16, 2009

Oh. My. Word.

Ok. Here we go. I am about to tell you about the biggest purchase of my young life. (Excepting, of course, the thirty thousand dollar's worth of education I have. Sigh.)

BUT FIRST.

I must mention my dear and wonderful JOOMY'S biggest purchase, which is considerably larger than mine. Joomy has a home! Where we can meet, and blog, and bemoan our single status while sipping daintily on Strawberry Zinfandel! I can't wait to see it!

My big purchase has nothing to do with where I am about to live, but rather what I am about to drive.

A 2002 Jeep TJ has been procurred.

It is beautiful. Burgundy on tan, interior to die for. Five speed manual transmission, four wheel drive, tires as big as I am, three rooftops, and a sound system that would make James Hetfield weep.

When my horse is no longer rideable, I can just drive my trusty Jeep around the ring instead. It is much funner to spin up mud with wheels than with hooves, anyways.

The range of emotions I've experienced this week are amazing. I drove home tonight thinking that it was the second last drive I would ever make home from work in the Little Chevy. And I love that car. It has never done me wrong, never failed me, never refused to take me from point A to point B. I would recommend that everyone on Earth get one for their first car.

I have high hopes for the Jeep. I'm interested to see how my first winter in a rear wheel drive goes, and thrilled to think of spinning up mud at my neighbor's house this weekend. I don't think my guitar will fit in the back seat, nor will more than two passengers. And my passengers can never be old, dainty, fearful, or unbendy, because let me tell you that getting in and out of the back seat of that thing is very, very sucky.

CowTown, prepare to see black marks all over your fine streets; around the same time you hear the blare of Hank Williams, Merle Haggard, or Willie Nelson; or perhaps see a crazed young woman running through the gears of the prettiest little Jeep TJ to ever roam the Earth.

She's all mine!! AAAAUUUUGGGHHHH!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Good Naija Girl said...

CONGRATS AMANDARLING!

I cannot wait to see your fabulous new ride! It sounds quite awesome and beeyootiful and I hope you'll still have time for your city friends, seeing as you'll be driving this pretty snazzy auto around! Pictures please?

See you in a few days! ♥♥♥

1:35 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

*grin* And now we'll be able to use your jeep to go hunting in Limerick! Hooray!

2:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home