Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Setting The Scene...

Needless to say, after the last few weeks I have been feeling like a giant pile of ass that's been out in the sun for too long.

Being crawled on by worms.

Before being stomped on by hyper-active dogs.

And then being chewed up by the tires of a brand new ATV.

I came home from work today at four to an empty house. Thirty minutes of silence after a day working with children. You know how sometimes people say that silence is golden? Why don't they say that silence is, like, diamonds? Or a billion dollars? OR THE THING THAT MAKES YOUR SANITY COME BACK?

After that, I put on some country music in my MP3 player and went out to my beautifully painted barn. (Painted in Nigeria's colors, no less.)

I sang, I danced, I felt completely at peace with the world.

And I had to stop and think for a second, because really? What kind of person feels completely content and at peace while she's faced with a wheelbarrow full of horse shit in a barn full of flies?

Clearly, a crazy person.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home