Monday, January 15, 2007

My last spring break....

This is my last semester of school, and as a result, my last chance to do something wild and wonderful with my spring break. Unfortunately, spring break in Canada tends to fall smack dab in the middle of winter, but anyhow. Spring break it is, nonetheless.

The problem is that I really don't have any cash. I've discussed doing a few different things with my roommate: Go on one of the school-sponsored trips to Panama city, or I've considered asking my crazy uncle if I can get a week at his timeshare for myself and a few other ladies. Of course this would also involve getting our hands on a vehicle of some sort, which tends to complicate matters some. I briefly considered taking a train to the East coast and checking out Newfoundland, but that seems ... daunting.

The problem is that I've never really been anywhere or done anything and now I'm thinking, school is almost done! I'm almost a grown up! And when I'm a grownup, will I really be able to hop on a train, flutter to some strange part of the country, drink my face off, spend the night in hostels, and come home feeling not guilty? I mean, doesn't being a grownup mean you have to stop acting like a fifteen year old?

At any rate, my finances are dicatating my life at this point, but I still kind of want to do something other than hang around in the city. I could organize a spring break trip for some girlfriends to come to the ranch and party it up country style: But even that leaves us with the dilemma of getting there, getting home, finding places for people to sleep, and so forth.

I'm just thinking out loud here, procrastinating from doing my readings on social change and minority groups. It's interesting stuff, but aimlessly surfing the web is much more interesting.

Toonses

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home