Wednesday, September 06, 2006

And Grace will Lead us Home...

My grandfather passed away early this morning.

He struggled with Alzheimer's for years, and now he is at peace.

I told him before he passed away that there would be a Buick Century waiting for him. It would be fully loaded, with leather seating and climate control. There would be a hockey stick waiting for him as well.

And now I think, maybe I should have said Cadillac? Maybe he would have preferred, in his last hours, to picture a Cadillac waiting for him rather than a Buick.

And I woke up this morning and heard the news that he had passed on. And I realized that what I said didn't matter any more. Because maybe there are no fancy cars in heaven, because everything is perfect once you get there. And maybe you don't need a car because you have everything you ever wanted simply because of the perfection that heaven is.

Toonses

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And thus the suffering is over. Sometimes these things are blessing in disguise. But I am sorry to hear of your loss.

xoxo,
Dave

10:23 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May he rest in peace.

My condolences to your family.

12:08 p.m.  
Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

I am sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

12:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear this. My sympathies to you and your family.

3:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home