Thursday, February 09, 2006

I spoke too soon....

Last night I was regaling Cute Boy about the wonders of not smoking. Usually when I get a minor cold, back when I was a smoker full time, I would get a full on sinus and chest infection in days which would require hundreds of dollars worth of antibiotics and me being out of commission for, quite literally, weeks. I was so proud of myself for drinking so much Vitamin C and for fighting off this illness with Father-Recommended chicken soup.

Unfortunately, this morning I woke up at five a.m after only three hours of sleep because my throat hurts so much and my sinuses are a mess. I have a pounding headache, massive body aches, and a midterm in less than four hours. The glands in my neck are swollen and it hurts to turn my head from side to side.

I prophesize that I will get worse before I get better, so here is a question for you: Do I call my boss today and take time off work tomorrow (Which means losing a shift that I can't afford to lose) or do I suck it up, take the pain, and go to work early on Friday morning?

I miss the good ol' days. You know the days, when your mom would come into your room, put a comforting hand on your forehead and say "Oh Honey, you're sick!! Here, get back into bed and I'll bring you medicine and toast and tea. I'll call your school and tell the you're not coming in. " And the tea always turned out good, dammit! And you felt vindicated because someone other than you felt you were sick! And best of all, You didn't have to make the decision! Which was nice because I really suck at making these decisions. Sigh.

Toonses

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home