Monday, February 13, 2006

Messy eaters and other random updates....

I have another confession to make.

I am a messy eater. I've known this about myself for a while. It has made me relatively self-conscious about eating in front of people. And that self-consciousness is abound lately, seeing as how in four days I'm going to Cute Boy's Parents house.

Examples:

At the Superbowl, I dropped about five bites of food around my seat. Eventually Cute Boy gave up on me and went to get some paper towels to clean up my hideously embarrassing mess. But only because he was sick of stepping in it on his way to seconds.

The other night Cute Boy and I were watching movies. His beeer was beside me on the couch and I kept on dropping crumbs of chips by his beer: it was nerve-wracking for sure because Lord knows how much it sucks to ruin good beer with chip crumbs.

All this leads me to wonder: Do you think I'll get invited back if I accidentally lobb some mashed potatoes across the table and bean his mother on the head?

Wait... That was rhetorical.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I caved in to Copernicus's incessant howling (and my cat-raising insecurities). I have now become one of 'those' people.

Coperni-kitty now eats Friskies brand cat food at a dollar nine per can. She eats dishes and dishes of it per day. She can't get enough.

It all started when I was examining the no-name meat food that doesn't actually guarantee to keep anything alive by consuming it. First I found four or five unidentifiable white squares, about one centimetre cubed, I'm guessing. I'm fairly familiar with animal parts, having grown up on a farm and with a mother who once taught a course in butchering. I'm pretty sure that no meat parts of an animal come in little white gelatinous cubes.

So I continued digging around in the can of meant food to see what else I would fine. No human toes, thank God (Because of my distaste for feet....) but I did find, horror of horrors, what looked to be a slice of liver!

Disgust! I hate liver!! It has that nasty texture to it, it smells funny, and it's used to filter pee!!! ick!

So now my cat gets only gourmet cat food from a reputable company with a little stamp of approval from the cat food certifying company. You may all now sleep soundly at night knowing that my cat is well-nourished.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notice to my pregnant readers: (Or others who may not be able to take decongestant medications for whatever reasons)

I've found the answer to your prayers.

It's called a Vicks inhaler. It is a little green and blue tube that has no warnings on it about use during pregnancy or while taking antidepressant medications. Hurrah! Let your days be sniffle free and your nights be empty of sinus clogs! The active ingredients are camphor and menthol. It costs three ninety nine and for that price, I think you should buy two. Because you're worth it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm still sick and I have now missed two shifts at work thanks to this cold.

Which can only mean one thing:

I'm now accepting donations to help me pay next month's rent!!

Just kidding. But I really hate missing work. It renders me broke and makes people think that I'm some wimpy city chick who can't handle a little sickness. (the truth is that I actually can't; however, we don't need to go about advertising that, capiche?).

That is all, dear blogging friends!

Off to try and understand the psychology of death and dying!

Toodle-oo!!

Toonses

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious entry! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now and that Coperni-kitty is dining on the creme de la creme while you struggle to earn enough to pay for rent ;)

12:31 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home