Monday, October 19, 2009

One Morning After Work...

I just dropped off my computer at the computer guy's house. It appears that it will cost the same to replace my computer as it will to fix the old one.

I have a fifty page final to write (And no, that's not a misprint. My take home final for this ridiculous course I'm taking is FIFTY PAGES LONG.)

Oh, and I have no computer.

I just got off of an overnight shift which usually puts me in a terrible mood to begin with.

The job I interviewed for has not called me. A coworker tried to console me last night, saying that it's the company's loss to not get me as a worker. I thought it was very nice of her to say but I couldn't help but point out that it is really my loss because I still have to work for my current company.

The moose hunter has not called nor do I believe he is going to.

And I just checked and yep! My computer is still broken.

Oh, and fifty pages of work to write remain on my to do list.

I haven't felt this defeated, rejected and deflated in a very, very long time.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jummy said...

Awww, cheer up, Buttercup. It will get better. That's a real bummer about your computer (trust me to latch on to that bit of horridness first and foremost).

A 50 page long paper sounds ghastly. Thank God you're a good writer (at least when you have a computer to work with!).

I find potential employers always seem to take longer to get back to you than they say they will if that's any consolation.

3:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home