Thursday, October 01, 2009

Biting The Bullet

I continue to worry about my size. I know that I am not a large person, but the size of me weighs on my mind. (No pun intended. Really.)

Last year I dated a person through the winter and this person joyed in taking me to breakfast, where I joyed in eating an awful lot of Eggs Benedict. Oh My Word, how I love Eggs Benedict. I also enjoy beer, and Cheetos, and potato chips (Barbeque) and coffee with lots and lots of cream and sugar. I've recently acquired an addiction to Booster Juice, Pita Pit, and Starbucks. But I only love Starbucks for their frappuccinos. Potatoes with gravy (And quite frankly, anything in the world doused in a healthy serving of gravy) makes my heart smile.

I dieted this spring and managed to knock of the poundage I had gained but I've come to a realization:

I have no desire to quit eating large quantities of foods that are very, very bad for me.

As I've previously mentioned, I've been walking. To the chagrin of all my neighbors, I've been walking.

It is now cold here in the depths of Ontario and I did walk today, in three quarter length pants, a long sleeved shirt, gloves, and a coat. It was a splendid walk with my trusty deer hound and I'm glad I got up the energy to go as I missed walking yesterday.

But I know that it will only get colder as days go by and I don't know how long I can continue to get excercise outdoors under these conditions.

And so I'm contemplating a gym membership.

Such a city thing to do, I know.

I need to keep moving and I've given away all my fat pants (Which is quite the selling point in pants, let me tell you.) and I simply can't go back to my old larger size.

I'm working at getting a discount at a gym from my cousin who works at one. Then I have to factor in the time and gas money to get there every day, and then once I get there I have to work at not stopping at Starbucks to get a Venti Caramel Frappuccino on my way back every day.

I've not made up my mind completely, but it is whirling around and I think it might be the only option to prevent the largeness that occurred early in 2009.

I think I may be on my way to being a city person living in the country. Next thing you know, I'll be driving a Mazda and eating tofu on a regular basis.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home