Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Well, Hello, Blog...

I had to charge my phone this evening, and I was wondering what I would do with my time and thought, I know! I'll write on my blog! Then I had a mild and brief panic attack wondering if my blog would still even be active, seeing as how I never even write on it any more.

I've been working quite a bit these days, something I though would end once I was done school. Not so. I'm averaging around sixty five hours a week at work. When the overtime pay rolls in, I'm usually quite happy, but beyond that?

I miss my couch while I spend all those hours at work.

I was trying to think of something wonderful and witty to write about as I waited for my dial-up internet access to bring up my Create Post page. I could write about work, but that would probably be illegal, what with confidentiality and such. I could write about the inordinate amount of sleep I'm (not) getting due to being at work all the time, or the amount of time I sit on my couch, completely zoned out after a week at work watching A&E. I don't even have the energy to go out any more because by the time a day off comes in, I'm all "HEY! I'm not at work! Where's my jammies?!"

My nephew and I took part in our annual gingerbread house making fiesta last night. These days I'm feeling like the worst Auntie in the world because our precious Thursday nights together have come to an end. I was so desperate when I left my last job that I told my new employers that I would work any hours, any hours at all. And so, I do an overnight shift every Thursday and my nephew and I don't get to spend any time together at all. I miss him. I was so tired on Monday night that when I picked him up at the baby-sitter's, I told him that I was very tired and very grumpy and that he would have to work with me on that.

Our gingerbread house turned out grand, grander than any gingerbread house in all of CowTown, and I told him that next year, he would be old enough to do all of the icing all by himself. He one-upped me there and said that he would rather make a gingerbread castle next year.

So, I suppose this is my newest one-year goal. To fashion a gingerbread castle. I'll have to enlist the help of friends in the construction industry.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda! So great to read from you.

I have been craving gingerbread something awful—will you send me a piece of your house? You can make it an inconspicuous piece that your nephew won't notice is missing!

Thanks in advance and I must call you soon!

12:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home